Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Mexican Meatball Soup, Peruvian Stir-Fry, and Other Make-Ahead Meals I Love

All the easy, make-ahead meals I love.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
The Spruce Daily
Today On The Spruce
To More Home-Cooked Meals and Less Takeout
To More Home-Cooked Meals and Less Takeout
READ MORE
Mariana Gonzalez,
Email Editor
There was a time in my life when I made and ate home-cooked meals far more often than not. I'd spend my Sundays cooking breakfast, snacks, and 2-3 different meals for the week, and it was something I actually enjoyed—like, a lot. I'd really like to get back to that place.
 
I want to do so for obvious reasons: because it's healthier and cheaper than Postmating my life away. But also because I'm someone who is naturally drawn towards routine. Also because I find a very specific kind of joy in connecting with my food before I eat it. Also because consuming food in an intentional way makes me feel good about myself. And I suspect there are plenty more alsos that I haven't given much thought to.
 
So, I'll be dedicating the next few Sundays to cooking all the make-ahead meals I used to love. This Sunday I'll start with stuffed bell peppers, albondigas (Mexican meatball soup), and a filling chicken stir-fry. On second thought, I may swap one of those for a meatless dinner recipe. Then I'll make these incredibly tasty savory breakfast muffins and my favorite oatmeal. I love snacking throughout the day, so I'll likely chop some fruit and vegetables and make my own trail mix.
 
And If I fall short of my cooking ambitions this week, I'll do better the next.
Today On The Spruce
What I'm Making This Weekend
Mexican Meatball Soup
Mexican Meatball Soup
Peruvian Chicken Stir-Fry
Asian-Style Princess Chicken
Asian-Style Princess Chicken
Sauteed Green Beans with Red Peppers and Peanuts
Today On The Spruce
The Spruce Eats on YouTube
Favorite Keto Snacks
Todd's Favorite Keto Snacks to Make at Home
Watch & Learn
Spruce Eats Banner
Today On The Spruce

Did somebody forward you this email? Sign Up for The Spruce Eats Newsletter!

Have feedback? Send us an email at contact@thespruceeats.com, subject line: Newsletter Feedback.
The Spruce
Follow us:  
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to The Spruce Eats newsletter. Unsubscribe
© 2022 Dotdash.com — All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.
A DOTDASH BRAND 28 Liberty Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY, 10005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive