Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The One Thing This Food Editor Can’t Say No To

Bready or not, here I crumb.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
The Spruce Daily
Bready or Not, Here I Crumb
Bready or Not, Here I Crumb
Victoria Heydt,
Editorial Project Manager
There's something you should know about me: I. Love. Bread. All kinds of bread. Sourdough, rye, pumpernickel, ciabatta, baguettes, focaccia, cinnamon bread, cinnamon rolls, Irish soda bread, garlic bread, bread bowls, pull apart bread, Japanese milk bread, roti, matzo, bagels (I'm from Jersey, of course I love bagels)... I could go on and on.
 
I consider myself an equal opportunist when it comes to bread. Leavened or unleavened? It doesn't matter to me. Sweet or Savory? The answer is a resounding yes! I want both at the same time.
 
I love making it. I love eating it. I love dipping it or smearing toppings all over it. Olive oil and balsamic, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano? Chef's kiss. Pimento cheese? You bet your bottom dollar on that one. I've lived in North Carolina for close to four years now and have been firmly on the southern food bandwagon for a hot-minute.
 
Whether I'm using my rosemary plant in my backyard to craft a warm and pillowy loaf of focaccia drizzled with olive oil and topped with flaky Maldon sea salt to bring to a picnic at the NCMA park and share with friends, or sitting at a dinner table at one of my favorite restaurants (I'm looking at you Cortez Seafood) and shoveling Bread + Weed (read Nori) butter, your girl is in heaven. There's something super comforting about bread, the smell, the texture, and the way it tastes.
 
The one thing that I will absolutely say no to is olives in my bread. That's a HARD pass from this Food Editor. I don't know why, but that's the only food my taste buds really cannot get behind.
 
Want to give breadmaking a shot, but not sure where to begin? Check out these recipes to start with? Not sure which tools you'll need? We've compiled a list of all of the must-have items to start you on your journey.
 
Now that you've patiently watched me wax poetically about one of my favorite staples, what is a food for you that gives you all the feels? Let us know on Facebook and Instagram @thespruceeats.
 
Victoria Heydt
Editorial Project Manager, The Spruce Eats
READ MORE
Today On The Spruce
 
Sourdough Bagels
Sourdough Bagels
The Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Japanese Milk Bread
Today On The Spruce
The Spruce Eats on YouTube
Whats in Rainbow Plant Lifes Vegan-Friendly Fridge?!
10 Easy Vegan Recipes We Love
Watch & Learn
Spruce Eats Banner
Today On The Spruce

Did somebody forward you this email? Sign Up for The Spruce Eats Newsletter!

Have feedback? Send us an email at contact@thespruceeats.com, subject line: Newsletter Feedback.
The Spruce
Follow us:  
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to The Spruce Eats newsletter. Unsubscribe
© 2022 Dotdash.com — All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.
A DOTDASH BRAND 28 Liberty Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY, 10005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive