Friday, September 23, 2022

The best cold email you could ever write

Alex In My Inbox #32
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

Hey friend, happy Friday!

Welcome to Edition 32 of Alex In My Inbox brought to you by The Black Friday Summit.

Alex In My Inbox is a weekly copywriting series where I share interesting, actionable, and hilarious copywriting tips from "Alex."

Alex is an anonymous copywriter who shares these tips with me so that way I can share them with you.

This week, Alex has an email for us about the best cold email he's ever received, and how you can replicate it. 

Cold emailing is not about just quick questioning your way to success. There's some nuance. 

Check it out!

Dear Chase, 

A couple weeks ago, I received a cold email. 

To be honest, it was kind of cool for me.

There's a small handful of people who know my personal brand and follow me on my platforms, so it was nice to feel like someone thought I was worthy of reaching out to.

I wanted to write to you about cold emails, but I thought it would be corny if I just used an email I've sent and talked about how great I am. I'm a humble man. I don't need to do that.

So I'm gonna give some flowers to this young man who reached out to me while I was absolutely piss-drunk on vacation.

His subject line was "Re: Your LinkedIn"

His copy was:

Alex,

I know your time is valuable, so I'll put this into 3 bullet points:

- Your Twitter presence makes you look like a baller

- Your LinkedIn presence makes you look like a 21-year-old grad

- I'm confident I can make you a 2X ROI on the money you pay me to run (it in the first 90 days) easily. If I don't, I'll work for free until you double your money.

You're leaving thousands of $$$ on the table and I'm here to collect them for you.

Let's jump on a call and I can walk you through how I can help.

I'm more than happy to fire you over links to accounts I manage + case studies.

All the best,

{Name}

This was FIRE.

He compliments me, and then he makes me insecure, and then he comes with a solution + a guarantee that makes it easy to make the decision.

He used words that were small enough that my peanut-sized brain could read, even with 11 shots of Gold Cuervo in me.

If you wanted to recreate it, you should go about it like this:

Chase,

{personalized compliment} I won't waste your time. Because it must be exhausting being the best dad and golfer in America. So I broke my pitch down into 3 bullets:

- {big bro your prospect} Your socials are some of the best I've ever seen

- {neg your prospect} Your YouTube makes you look like a homeless man found a camera and started making content yesterday

- {pitch offer + guarantee} I'll edit your YouTube videos and help you grow your channel by 2x in 2 months or you don't pay

{explain offer importance} YouTube is still the best platform to build an audience on, and if you do it right, it can feed every part of your business for eternity.

{cta} Let's jump on a call and I can walk you through how I can help.

{offer case studies} I'm more than happy to send you over links to accounts I manage + case studies.

- Alex

Great, right?

Would you buy my service?

I would.

Shoutout to the dude who pitched me that LinkedIn offer. He's the man. He knows who he is.

Yours truly,

Alex

Sent from my Sales Nav 

If you've attended any of the virtual events we've hosted over the past year, you already know by now that they're the best.

They're the most engaging and educational.

And they're also free to attend live.

My favorite event we host is The Black Friday Summit which is taking place virtually in 10 days.

It's 3 jam-packed days of nothing but absolute value.

We have 30 founders, marketers, and copywriters lined up to share with you exactly what you need to do to make this Black Friday the best one yet.

Grab your free ticket here if you're looking to learn and level up in the last quarter of the year.

Have a great weekend,

Chase

P.S. You know it's legit when we literally own blackfridaysummit.com as our website URL.

© 2022 Chase Dimond

No longer want to receive these emails? Unsubscribe.
Chase Dimond 2960 Champion Way #1701 Tustin, CA 92782

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive