Wednesday, January 25, 2023

REBEL8 News/Joshy Blog: Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Hi,

I hope this email finds you well. I haven't written you in some time and guess I didn't want to put it off any longer. For real, I freeze up just before I start writing these types of personal emails. I am filled with fear that I am wasting your time. And straight up that is why most REBEL8 emails are pretty transactional and short. It's my appreciation and respect of you and your time and support and I'd hate for me to waste a second of it. So as I type a bunch of shit I try to pepper in some lessons learned, some news, something, anything in my attempt to bring greater value to you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading.

Let's talk real quick about what I'm going to be doing about new releases for the brand because I think that is very important. If you visit our website frequently you'd have noticed that our online shop was closed a few days before our latest release. That is a practice I plan on doing now and into the future. Additionally you may have noticed that when we opened back up, there was considerably less product available. That is also something I plan on doing now and into the future.

Here is a little sneak peek at the next REBEL8/Misfits collection. It is currently scheduled to drop on February 9th. But remember what I wrote above, most likely everything that is currently on the website today will be removed and gone forever. Don't sleep!

Oh! And don't worry, I'm still eating good as fuck. This was one of the most bomb rib eyes I've ever consumed. It was cooked over an open fire at Jocko's.

But I never shared this from last Thanksgiving. My brother-in-law kinda fucked this one up in the smoker. He's like a ripped ass firefighter that hasn't had a carb ever so he has complete disregard for turkey skin. The skin is hella crucial. And delicious. 

Speaking of food and now transitioning into condiments. Have you ever really looked at some of the labels in your refrigerator? Check it out below and then I'll be back with more words.

If you need to scroll up real quick, do that and look at the established dates of some of these companies that still exist today and are still relevant. It really blows my mind as REBEL8 is coming up on just 20 years (March 24, 2023 - and yes there will be a drop that day), and seeing how far back these brands go. It puts things into great perspective for me to see how they survived for many generations. I could only imagine how many stories they have to tell.

I had an old friend from San Francisco named Luke. He was really into denim and coffee. For some reason I will never understand he woke up one day and decided to be a cop and moved to Reno. I like to think he's pulling people over doing this but in short shorts like they rock in Reno 911.

Does anyone remember this lettering? Yes, it's ours and also my tattoo. It's kinda kool to still see REBEL8 bootlegs out there in the wild. It actually doesn't bum me out in the slightest. I laugh. At loud. This was taken in Solvang, CA.

Here's another sneak peek. This'll drop on 2/23/24.

Our last release was with graffiti artist Remio. I've been a fan of his for many years, in fact, the very first time I saw his tag. I've watched him from the sidelines for years working with other brands, while simultaneously traversing the globe leaving his name on the way. I never met dude until I reached out to him a few months ago telling him all of the above and how I fuck with his shit, in hopes he'd grace REBEL8 with his hand. Since then we've gotten up a few times, got hella high, talked shop and now plan to work together into the future.

Don't sleep on this last drop. In repeating myself, it won't be available for long.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for supporting REBEL8. Thank you for shopping. 

Feel free to hit reply if you wanna get at me or have any suggestions on how I can do a better job. I read them all and appreciate every message sent.

Best,

Josh

REBEL8 2825 South Sante Fe Avenue Vernon, California 90058

Please don't Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive